The 4 Best Treadmills for Apartments for 2018 that are actually worth it (Reviews & Top Picks)
Compact, yet capable treadmills are a perfect fit for apartments that have a premium on extra space. These small treadmills sit quietly in the corner until you’re ready to use it in the morning or after an exhausting day at work. Below, you’ll get to see the four best treadmills for apartments for 2017.
These machines can definitely get you into shape while leaving only a small footprint.
If you would rather skip the reading, below I break each one of them down by durability and quality.
The 4 Best Apartment Treadmills Of 2018
The first thing you’ll notice as you check out the Weslo Cadence 5.9 is the price, it is the most affordable AND the highest reviewed treadmill on the market today. It features six (6) trainer workouts designed to get you running.
The size of the treadmill is perfect for an apartment and the space saver design helps you store it when you are not using it.
- Low Price
- A wide track allows for versatile walks, sprints and runs
- Has the 6 workout programs
- 10mph max pace - if you not a fast runner this is perfect
- Not a lot of bells and whistles. This is a very basic but effective treadmill.
The 1650 is one of the best treadmills to come from NordicTrack. There’s a reason why it is one of the highest-rated on apartment-type treadmill equipment- the NordicTrack 1650 comes with a built-in iFit technology and a web browser packed in a high-definition touchscreen.
The industry specs are nothing to sneeze at either. The Commercial 1650 has the bells and whistles to make walking, sprinting or running in place a wonderful experience. The machine can support a wide variety of users, thanks to its wide dimensions, a hefty 3.8 CHP motor, an excellent running surface and a sturdy frame. Open the electronic interface and access any of the 38 workout-related apps for an optimized fitness experience.
- 10 inch web-enabled touchscreen. Stay in Control of your workout with an impressive 10-inch web-enabled touchscreen. Quickly view your speed, time, distance, calories burned, heart rate, incline, and decline on the large, easy-to-read display
- 3.5 chp drive System. Train safer, longer and quieter. Built with a bigger motor case for less vibration and dual cooling fans for less heat, this 3.5 continuous horsepower motor delivers lasting power that's smooth and consistent
- 20 x 60 inch tread belt. This tread belt is specifically designed to reduce noise and friction for a quieter workout and longer lasting product. It's stretch resistant and engineered to stay centered on the deck
Open the presets for heart rate control, calorie burn, speed training and interval training if you want to get a challenge while getting fit. You can also get more apps via the iFit app from the web. The 7″ touchscreen is responsive enough to allow easy programming and simulate outdoor training quite well. Rounding out the specs are built-in 3″ speakers connected to iPod docks, Polar T34 chest strap, a platform for putting your smartphone or tablet, and a WhisperQuiet technology that ensures each step falls with minimal sound.
- SpaceSaver design. Comes with wheels and is foldable.
- Incline and decline angles from -3% to +15%.
- Patented Whisper Quiet technology.
- 7-inch high definition tablet with a speedy web browser.
- Large running dimensions with a strong 3.8 CHP motor.
- 38 workout apps included. Use the iFit app for unlimited workout programs.
- Has 3-inch speakers with an iPod compatible dock.
- Foldable feature is hampered by a hefty 315-pound weight.
Sole has created a spa-like treadmill experience when it brought out the F80 into the market. The machine comes with a capable 4.0 CHP motor with some nifty advances and features comprising the Sole Technology.
First, you get a large 10-inch touchscreen facing you. It can connect to your other fitness apps and mobile devices, or show you your current workout progress. The tablet platform, Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility with most iPod products round out your capabilities for sharing data. The company has even included small yet useful add-ons such as cooling fans and water bottle holders.
Open up the touchscreen interface and you get a 10-item program menu. There are 5 classic programs for treadmill workouts (Strength, Interval, Hill, Fat Burn and Cardio), two customizable user programs, two programs that control and monitor heart rate and a manual mode. You can further increase or decrease duration, incline and speed on any of these programs. The wide, durable track rolls over a capable roller which significantly reduces step and running noise.
Advanced users can set the ramp to 30 degrees for a more intense workout.
- Strong 4.0 CHP motors on a 22 x 60 walking/running surface.
- Large touchscreen interface holds 10 distinctive workout programs.
- 30 level power incline.
- Patented CushionFlex Whisper deck.
- Great coverage on deck, frame and motor; warranty on electronics and parts.
- Hydraulic Assist feature makes the F85 very portable.
- Comes with built-in speakers and mp3 player port.
- Rather large footprint when unfolded.
- 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor, 7" Oversized Backlit Display, iFit Compatible, Compatible Music Port for iPod
- 12 MPH QuickSpeed Control, -3% Quick Decline Control, 15% Quick Incline Control, 32 Workout Apps, 20" x 60" 1-Ply Commercial Tread Belt
- ProShox Cushioning, SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist, 2.5" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller, CoolAire Workout Fan
A quick look under the hood reveals a 3.5 CHP motor in an expansive running area. The inclines can be adjusted from -3% to +15% however you wish. The whole program is shown on the 7-inch colored interface, a staple on most PRO Series models.
Large rollers promote a longer equipment life, and the ProForm delivers in this aspect. Everything else is built with a trained eye. Suffice to say, the Pro 2000 has the heft that challenges runners of all shapes and sizes, comes with helpful workout programs and best of all, can entertain users with built-in media channels. You’ll be comfortable and not too sweaty due to the workout fan built in the console.
Small apartments can still buy the ProForm Pro 2000 because of its excellent foldability. The SpaceSaver design is such a useful function for when you need that space for work or for other entertainment purposes. (images via proform.com)
- Boasts a top speed of 12mph for the hard-core runner.
- A 7-inch color readout display with 32 built-in workout apps.
- 32 workout apps included. Use the iFit app for unlimited workout programs.
- SpaceSaver technology makes the Pro 2000 extremely foldable and compact when needed.
- Wide running surface with a -3% to +15% incline.
- 3-inch speakers and iPod compatibility.
- Lifetime warranty on motor, deck and frame.
- Access to iFit requires an add-on monitor for $99.
Factors to consider when choosing the right treadmill
- Space. How much space do you have at home? This is an important element to consider, especially if you’re living in a condo, apartment or similar living conditions. Technology is such that there are now folding treadmills that can be tucked away under your bed or in a corner when you’re not using them. The frames are made of lightweight materials so anyone can assemble or fold them.
- Portability. It’s not uncommon to see treadmills that are optimized for portability. This means your treadmill can be moved from one room to another, or even to another house with little to no trouble at all. Most models have rollers, or wheels that can be used for an easier way to move them around the house.
- Features. Modern treadmills for apartments now come with pre-programmed workouts and features that you might find extra useful. Do you want to get the benefits of a cardio exercise without distracting thoughts or having to memorize your route? These types of treadmills take up little space and are light enough to provide a few notable elements. Tech-savvy people and those who want to improve their exercises in any way possible should place features somewhere on the top when shopping for treadmills. You can find machines that have built-in heart rate monitors and offer customized goals for extra motivation. Some may even have a platform or an interface you can attach your smartphone or tablet to.
- Operation. If noise is a big factor for you, then choose a treadmill that produces little to no noise as you use them. This aspect is especially important if you want to have a quick workout without disturbing or waking up the rest of your family or friends.
- Budget. How much are you willing to spend on a treadmill? Compact treadmills come with attractive price tags and are great for first-time walkers and runners. As long as the functions of the treadmill serve you in making you sweat and keep you healthy, then they are indeed a fantastic bargain.
With vast useful features packed in space-efficient treadmills and its great potential towards improving your health, this machine is worth a try. Next to finding the best treadmill that perfectly fits your apartment and preferences is learning of the right ways to use it for optimal results towards attaining your fitness goals.
Last update on 2018-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API