The 4 Best Socks for Sweaty Feet Reviewed for 2018
Got smelly and/or sweaty feet? The problem may lie in the socks you’re wearing. The wrong type of socks can cause foot problems such as corns, chafing, or foot blisters. As you may have observed, your feet are the MVP when it comes to moving around in day to day life and especially for runners.
As such, it’s absolutely essential to choose socks that make use of the latest technology, and ones that provide a comfortable, dry and pain-free experience. The best socks for sweaty feet runners should keep your feet dry and help you run, walk and sprint with confidence.
Here are the socks that I include below with links so you can check pricing on Amazon. They come in different styles, colors and shapes.
How to Choose The Right Pair Of Socks
- Style. There’s little to no science involved regarding the length of socks you wear. However, there are a few points you should look over. If your running route involves a lot of paths with a significant vegetation growth, then a crew length should do well in protecting you from scratches, insect bites and prevent stones and other debris from entering your shoe. By the way, your shoe style may also dictate what type of socks you wear. If you’re irritated by your heel constantly rubbing on a low-cut shoes, then you may get a taller sock to offset it. If you have toe blisters, then it would be a good idea to don toe socks.
- Size & Fit. Your shoe size dictates the sock size. It is of absolute importance that you get a well-fitting sock. Having too big a pair will cause a lot of friction, which leads to blisters and hot spots. Having too small a pair can constrict your blood flow and how your toe moves while running, which affects your running performance and bio-mechanics.
- Compression. Compression socks are well-known within the endurance and running community. These socks are designed to increase blood flow, thanks to graduated compression; this feature prevents common running issues such as shin splints, muscle cramps, and it helps athletes recover faster. There’s one caveat though- compression socks get uncomfortable over time as you wash and wear it. The compression feature becomes more restrictive as the fabric shrinks. If opting for one, make sure to select the proper size and take it out for a test. Run on short-distance trials before going on marathons.
- Fabric. Beginner runners often make the uncomfortable, sweaty mistake of choosing a pair of socks that are 100% made of cotton. These all-cotton socks absorb moisture and hold them in. You know what happens to feet when it’s constantly soaked as you run? Painful blisters. The best running socks that prevent blisters are those that are usually made of synthetic materials such as polyester, acrylic, or any other sweat-absorbing, quick-drying fabrics. They help in taking moisture off your feet and efficiently dispersing it away from your skin. Some runners and athletes swear by polyester socks when they perform because of its wonderful blister prevention feature. In the colder climates, a runner can go with wool blend socks, which can still absorb moisture and wick it away while keeping your feet relatively warm. Polypro is a mixture of materials that includes merino wool and other components. Dr. Andrew Weil of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine recommends the use of polypro for athletes and runners.
The Importance Of Wearing The Right Socks
Overall Running Experience -
Socks may seem to be a small aspect in the overall running scheme, but as a runner you’d want to enjoy your hobby and ensure its success. At any time you experience pain or discomfort, the overall joy of running decreases. In short, a comfortable feet translates to an excellent run. Ask the experts and they’ll tell you socks are just as important as choosing the right clothes and running shoes.
Happy and Healthy Feet -
As we run, our socks and footwear prevent feet moisture from evaporating. The sweat becomes stagnant and naturally gets smelly because of the presence of bacteria. A good pair of socks can go a long way in keeping your feet cool and dry. It can also prevent blisters from forming, ward off unwanted bacteria and fungal infection like athlete’s foot. According to the Mayo Clinic, most people aren’t aware that you can cure sweaty feet by changing the socks you wear everyday.
Don’t like taking off your socks at the end of the day because you’ll be greeted by two stinky feet with toes that resemble prunes? Imagine how the situation will be if you’re at a friend’s house, or when it’s time to change before heading out to the gym. You can almost imagine the smell and the recoil of those around you. But don’t sweat, because having the right type of socks can eliminate these and other social embarrassments and serve to lift your confidence.
The 4 Best Socks For Sweaty Feet for 2018
The Darn Tough Athletic Socks is made of half merino wool and half synthetic materials, which translates to all-year wearing and exceptional durability. Merino wool is known for providing unparalleled softness.
They are also naturally adept at resisting unpleasant odors. Extra cushioning around the leg and feet provide warmth against the colder weather.
- Ultra-light feature makes you forget you’re wearing socks.
- Comfortable for all-around athletic play.
- Run a long marathon without developing painful blisters.
- Made in USA. Good ole Merica.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- A bit more expensive than most athletic socks.
Thank Italy for producing a company that makes excellent socks. We’ve discussed the merits of wearing compression socks above; if you haven’t tried it yet, then your best bet would be to get one made from Vitalsox.
These socks have a patented DryStat fiber, which is manifested by the sock’s diamond pattern. Plus, this technology mops up the moisture quite well. You get less bacterial infections, fungal invasions and less sweat on your feet. Your feet will feel dry as you hike up mountains, run along trails or train harder without the sweaty consequences.
- VITALSOX EXCLUSIVE SILVER DRYSTAT- Vitalsox technical performance material designed using Quick Drying Polypropylene infused with Silver to resist and stop the growth of bacteria and fungus while it repels odor from the socks. Your feet may still smell but your socks will not hold odors, easy care turn inside out and machine wash warm.
- THE ONLY PATENTED COMPRESSION- How is it different, it is Graduated Starting at the mid foot for plantar ligament an arch support, our compression is tested individually during manufacturing to the ideal range for MAXIMUM circulation increase. The feet are the furthest point from your heart by increasing fresh oxygenated blood to your damaged tissues by up to 40% FASTER recovery time and athletic performance is enhanced. Maximum Circulation.
- BEST COMPRESSION RANGE, Vitalsox uses compression for maximum circulation and comfort this IDEAL range is the most beneficial for Running, Crossfit, Walkers, Pregnancy, Maternity, Vein Support, Marathons, Sports, Gym, Yoga, Spartan, Standing, Working, Sitting, or Sleeping, Always Increasing Stamina and Faster Recovery, For more compression size down one size in the size chart.
- Drystat fiber feels like cotton, yet absorbs like polyester.
- 12 to 20 mm Hg pressure promotes blood circulation and help in preventing future injuries.
- Feet gets added support around the soles and calves.
- Elastic fiber and DryStat feature keeps away that smelly bacterial growth and unpleasant odors.
- A variety of 11 different colors.
- Hand wash is absolutely required for keeping the DryStat technology.
Unequaled durability and unsurpassed affordability is what makes Go2 Compression socks the choice among many runners and athletes. It was made for those who are up on their feet most of the day. A 20 mm Hg compression feature prevents blood clots, swelling and keeps your feet healthy day in and day out.
Get a massive workout recovery when you use these compression socks. It’s also an all-type weather sock that can keep your feet dry and warm even in the colder months. An anti-odor and anti-bacterial bonus rounds it all up. Bottom line is, you can say goodbye to sweaty, smelly feet. Available in a wide array of colors.
- COMPRESSION THERAPY TECHNOLOGY - Provides true graduated compression to promote blood circulation and oxygen flow, prevent cramping, fatigue, swelling, help muscle recovery, spider, varicose veins and diabetic. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk. Your durable (20 - 30 mmHg) socks work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg!
- DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES - Bring more energy into your feet. It's perfect for jobs that require you to be on your feet a lot. It's also a must have for any leg intensive activity such as Marathon, Running, Hiking, Gym Fitness Training, Basketball, Cycling, Weightlifting and more. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- PROFESSIONAL HIGH GRADE QUALITY - Made of Power+ Premium Performance Fabric. A must have for men, women and elder at any age. The superior grade circular knit structure delivers 360-degree stretch for greater flexibility and durability. Stay put Cuffs & Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot, with no pinching. Sleek, stylish, fashionable design with many colors available.
- Long-lasting and an affordable choice.
- Either machine wash or hand wash will do. The fabric is tough enough to maintain overall feet comfort and sock elasticity.
- Pair it with other socks during colder months.
- Doesn’t roll down.
- May require users a bit of a break-in period.
These skiing socks made by Eurosocks feature not just one, but two patented technologies for keeping sweat off your feet. The Drystat technology and the MicroSupreme fiber wicks sweat and moisture away from your feet, staving off bacterial and fungal growth.
- SKI ZONE - Means comfort zone, adapts perfectly to ski boots, medium weight ski socks with our best technical features creating a one of kind ski sock
- DYNAMIC THICKNESS - Provides cushioning support, eliminates friction and absorbs shock, extremely soft and comfortable against the rigidity of ski boots
- PROVIDES SUPPORT- Elastic arch band & ankle brace, smooth toe, flat knit construction insure both a wrinkle-free fit and feel, maximum support without bulk
A mix of MicroSupreme, Spandex and nylon fibers protect and provide a good fit. Blood circulation is optimized due to an engineered design where calf-to-insole ratios are measured.
- Soft and warm texture.
- Top-notch quality and construction.
- Doesn’t roll down after a few run sessions.
- Dries quickly and with minimal effort.
- Could use more padding in the toe section.
More Ways to Cure Sweaty Feet
While it’s not unusual that a person occasionally experiences sweating on the feet, some people suffer from the extremes every day and its adverse effects. Plantar Hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the feet sweat excessively, leading to stinky feet. Wearing the right socks is one of the most highly effective aid and preventative measures you can take. Discover various other easy and effective treatments that can help cure sweaty and smelly feet in this video:
Last update on 2018-03-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API